Hair and nails go together like peanut butter and jelly. That's a fact! So we decided to team up with nail polish brand heroine.nyc for some simple tips to keep your hands and nails healthy and looking their best.
- Keep your cuticles moisturized by regularly using a cuticle oil like this one from heroine.nyc, to keep them nice and soft and easy to manage!
- Also, keep a good hand cream close to whip out if your skin is feeling dry.
- Try to use rubber gloves when washing dishes or similar tasks that involve soaking your hands in water, which can be extremely drying and cause your nails to break more quickly!
- Try using a glass nail file like this heroine.nyc one to shape and shorten your nails. It’s much gentler than a regular file and can prevent your nails from breaking, too!
- Last, but not least: always use a base- and topcoat when painting your nails to make your manicure last and to prevent your nails from staining.
What I like about Heroine is that their polishes are non-toxic, cruelty free, and vegan. They have super cute colors with catchy names like Gold Digger, Mean Girl, and Royal Blood. But beyond their funky shades, Heroine is a woman-led brand with a cause that donates a portion of sales to charitable organizations that support causes for women and girls. The company most recently donated to Petals-n-Belles, which is an organization that empowers and educates young women through workshops and real life experiences.
As a special treat, Heroine is offering our readers a special 20% off coupon to try their beautiful nail colors. Visit www.heroine.nyc and simply enter the code TROOTS at checkout. This promo is valid until 04/18/2017.
Tip** Once a week, use the T-Roots Brown Sugar Body Scrub to exfoliate your hands and feet, followed by applying our pomade Butter Brew—which doubles as a body butter—to keep your nails and cuticles soft.